Where do Pac-Man's ghosts go when they die? They come here — to the ghost town full of life!
Make the third life of duszki* go smoothly and pleasantly by expanding their eternal resting place in a way that meets all their needs in this city builder simulation straight from the golden era of computer games!
* duszek (n., pl. duszki) — The second-order spectral form of ghosts from Pac-Man, which they transform into when they die. Duszki are playful and hard-working; they enjoy nature, gourmet food, and spending time with other duszki.
Afterlife is a city-building simulation in which you foster a community of ghosts.
- Build cemeteries (housing), chapels (food), and crypts (work) to cater to duszki's needs.
- Plant trees next to roads to keep duszki happy.
- Built in Goodluck, our tiny and superfast ECS engine featuring a WebGL2 renderer.
- Play on desktop, as long as your browser supports WebGL2 (almost all do these days).
- It was developed in 31 days between August 13 and September 13, 2022, as a submission to the 2022 edition of the js13kGames competition.
- The theme of the competition was Death.
- The game is less than 13 KB zipped. All of it.
- You can play it right now in your browser.
- Tiles: Kenney's Monochrome RPG
- Music: Kenney's Retro Mystic