Features That Didn’t Make It
- Enterable buildings. It used to be possible to enter every building in the town!
- One of them was the sheriff's office.
- We also planned for the player to have their house, where the hats of previously defeated
bandits could be found. See the trophy gallery below.
- Character statistics.
- The original game concept featured more RPG elements: character progression and stats,
different equipment, etc.
- We even started prototyping the UI for the character sheet and the inventory screen.
- Later on, we scoped this down to just wearable hats which you would collect from the boss
bandits, and which would buff your stats when on your head.
- In the end, we decided to make outfits, including hats, randomizable in the outfitter's
store, with no impact on the gameplay.
- The outfitter is only available to players who have a Web Monetization
- The trophy gallery.
- We considered making it possible for the players to choose from a wider range of
characters. You'd start with one, and then add more to your roster as you defeated new
- One idea was to allow playing as any of the bandits you defeated on past quests.
- Another was to make the boss bandits drop their hats as loot which could be picked up and
collected. The hats could then be worn for different modifiers and stats.
- More guns.
- Some bandits wielded a shotgun.
- Some bandits wielded two guns.
- Gun smoke.
- The gun entity used to have a particle emitter attached to the end of the barrel which
would turn on for a short time after the shot to imitate smoke.
- More variety in buildings.
- The windows used have different sizes.
- The little fence on the porch came in different sizes, and also appeared on the sides of
- There used to be an entrance in the fence in front of the building's door.
- Some houses didn't have the porch.
- The paint jobs on the walls of buildings had more color variety.
- More variety in environment.
- We used to have more models of cacti and rocks.
- We planned extra models, like tumbleweeds.
- The horse model never made it into the game because of the size constraints.
- The logic of being able to mount it and ride it would have taken even more space, so we
only considered it very briefly.
- We did manage to get a sound effect of a neighing horse, however. See Audio.